More Spring Blue Ridge Birding!

C-birders
We ran our second Spring Blue Ridge Venture today along the Blue Ridge
Parkway north of Asheville, NC. Started out cloudy and cool, but soon warmed
up into a spectacular day. It was interesting to see how the birds had
changed from the day before.
As for those higher eleveations, brrr. It really is still winter above
3000'!!

Highlights of today included the following species similar to the previous
day:

Osprey    1 heading north
Broad-winged Hawk     At least 4
Red-eyed, Yellow-throated and Blue-headed Vireos    lots of all of them
Blackburnian Warbler    10+    Outstanding views of several, including one
stunning male that came in to about 10' from us. Full sunshine, bright
orange...you know the rest of the story! Wow!
Worm-eating Warbler    2 seen and at least 3 others heard
Ovenbird    Scope views of a very obliging individual. Many heard
Hooded Warbler    5+
Cerulean Warbler     2 males

New arrivals included:

Black-throated Blue Warbler    3+ males
American Redstart    1 male
Rose-breasted Grosbeak    1 female
Scarlet Tanager    male and female

As we are in "warbler-mode" at the moment, one of the best places to go in
western NC is Stecoah Gap. We have only a very few spaces still left on our
Stecoah Gap Warbler Ventures on April 26 and 28, plus a Venture to a Graham
County wetland for Golden-wings and more on April 27!
Contact me in the office for more information.
Cheers!
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures Birding and Nature Tours