Western Tanager still in Wentworth

The Western Tanager reported Friday morning was seen again this morning
(Monday) at 7:50 A.M. As I went up the driveway to get the paper, it
flew from the tree line on the East side of the yard across the yard and
gas-line right-of-way into a poplar on the west side of the clearing. It
stayed there for about 10 minutes before flying southeast back across
the gas-line and into the large stand of woods behind the house. We were
not at home over the week-end to look for the bird. I'm glad he decided
to stay around so we could get another look.
Anyone who is going to be in the Wentworth area is welcome to come to
the house to try to get a look at this bird. No one will be home this
afternoon but you're still welcome. I'll leave the dogs inside when I
leave. There is ample parking area on the west side of the house. I'll
be home most of the day tomorrow and Wednesday morning. If you are
interested, you can call me anytime at 336-932-0147 for directions.

Ken Yount
Wentworth (Rockingham County) N.C.