Eurasian Collared Dove

Carolina Birders:

In case there is anyone out there who is still keeping up with where Eurasian
Collared Doves are in the Carolinas, I thought that you might want to know
that two colonies in coastal South Carolina, at Bennett's Point (near Bear
Island WMA) and Edisto Beach State Park (south of Charleston), are alive and
well. At Bennett's Point there was a pair copulating (my face is red), thus
proving their desire to perpetuate the species on the SC coast. The Edisto
birds were doing their best to impersonate Mourning Doves (which were scarce)
in the campground and picnic areas. I had not known of this colony previous
to our visit there on April 19th.

Dennis

Dennis Burnette
Greensboro. NC