NCBG

Hi all,

An hour's walk at the North Carolina Botanical Gardens produced a few
things, the best of which was a nice look at a VEERY feeding (on grit, I
assume) in one of the pathways - this is a spot where I've seen Veery before
in years past, but it was a nice surprise to see a repeat performance.

Also found several singing BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLERS, HOODED WARBLERS, one
LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH, a few NORTHERN PARULAS, and a pretty good collection
of Vireos: BLUE-HEADED, SOLITARY, YELLOW-THROATED, and WHITE-EYED.  Also
heard OVENBIRD.  YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS were absolutely all over the place,
singing and flycatching and generally showing off.  There might have been
other things singing, but honestly, the din from the Butterbutts was
overwhelming at times.

Another nice sighting, btw, was my first SCARLET TANAGER of the year at
point-blank range over my head.  Very, very nice.  Never get tired of those
fellas.

Was nice to see a little more action than in the past few mornings.

Good birding,

-Sandy

--
Sandy Cash
Durham, NC

"The time for change is here and here we are, we're just for you!" -
Funkadelic