downtown Durham swallows; Re: Charlotte Birding

Hi Carolinabirders,

Stepped out the door yesterday morning to some familiar gurgling noises.
Looked up and eventually spotted a Purple Martin whizzing overhead! Yard
bird #60, only a day after #59; maybe I can reach 70 before migration
season ends... Wound up supervising some neighborhood kids for the
afternoon, and took them for a walk down to King's Sandwich Shop for lunch
and then to Durham Central Park and around the old Durham Bulls ballpark.
While sniffing flowers at Stone Bros. and Byrd, our neighborhood garden
shop, I heard swallows calling; turned out to be a trio of Northern Rough-
wings flying over the ballpark!

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 Bwstagsleap@aol.com wrote:

> I am looking for some places in Charlotte where I might find some
> warblers this weekend.

Best source of info on birding in that area is the Mecklenburg Audubon
website:
http://meckbirds.org/birdingspots/county.htm

Good birding,

Josh