Re: Chukar Sighted at Doughton Park

I watched a Chukar released at Cherry Hospital, Wayne Co, NC that a
falconers Northern Goshawk couldn't catch. It out-flew the Gos for a short
distance and then dove into some weeds and escaped. We keep hoping we'll
spot the bird one day! The NC Falconers Guild was flying quite a few birds
that day, and Chukar seemed to be the "bird of choice" for prey. It would
still be a neat bird to see. They can be darn tough to find out west!
Eric

Eric & Celia Dean
112 Armstrong Dr
Goldsboro NC  27530