Bird Problem

Hello all,

Yesterday I received the following message from Amy Ripps:

AERNC@aol.com wrote:

> A pair of Black Vultures seem have taken to our deck and house.  I am hoping
> that you can give me some ideas as to how to discourage them from our
> environs.
>
> Thank you for any information that you can share with me.
>
> -Amy Ripps
> Raleigh, NC  27615
> aernc@aol.com
> 919-847-6884

I spoke to Amy and two Black Vultures have begun perching on her deck railing on
a regular basis.  I can understand her concern in such close proximity to her
home.  Her home is in a wooded area.  I've no real recommendations for her but I
did suggest she put some branches on the railings that would give them insecure
footing to see if that will help - that may just move them to the roof!  She
also has dogs that are keep leashed.  I suggested frequent forays with them
outside to disturb the vultures.

Amy would appreciate any other help you can offer but she is not a subscriber to
Carolinabirds so please either respond to her directly or to me so I can pass it
along - and I thought I had a problem with just starlings and grackles!!!

Thanks,

Lena

--
Lena Gallitano