Re: Update on bluebird chick interloper

As noted previously on this site, cowbirds are a prairie species which
spread to the east as deforestation occurred. They probably would not be
nearly as common if we would abandon our obsession with lawns.
They severely impact all forest dwelling species which have not evolved to
compensate for cowbird parasitism.
I encourage all to reduce the numbers of cowbirds..I doubt that you will be
arrested.
Personally, on the very rare occasion when I am in the field with a firearm,
I shoot every d... cowbird that I see.

-- Helmut C. Mueller  Ph.D

 Professor Emeritus
 Dept. of Biology & Curriculum in Ecology
 University of North Carolina
 Coker Hall CB# 3280
 Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280
 Phone: 919-942-4937