Re: Re: Anybody want to confirm red-throated loons?

-------Original Message-------
From: Will Cook <cwcook@duke.edu>
Sent: 05/12/03 10:15 PM
To: Agkistrodon <agkistrodon@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Anybody want to confirm red-throated loons?

> Reminder:

Please include your location (city or county and state) in each message
you send to the list (as well as the location of sightings).  Where is
the EPA-NIEHS lake?

Will

Oops. Sorry.  EPA-NIEHS lake is between the EPA and NIEHS complexes off T.W. Alexander Drive in Research Triangle Park.  To get access you have to go to the guard station at the entrance and get a visitor pass.  Coming from Chapel Hill, take a right at the HWY 54 - Alexander intersection.  Go to the second stop light and turn left into the EPA campus.  You'll be stopped by a guard just after you turn onto the campus.

Jim Sutton
Durham/RTP, NC

<a target=_blank
href="http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/cbirds.html";>http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/cbirds.html</a>

> On the EPA-NIEHS lake this afternoon I was taking my lunch on the EPA
side and I spotted two red-throated loons, one was almost completely in
breeding plumage.  I went back later and they werre still there so I relayed the
message to Phil Johnson who indicated that Tom Driscoll could confirm.
Actually, anyone who has access to the lake could come out and take a
look.  I will also check back tomorrow to see if they  are still there.  I am,
however, certain of the identification.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
<a target=_blank

Arbeit macht stockdumm!