Collared Dove and Ventures Update

C-birders
Well, they have arrived!!! Today (June 5) in North Asheville, we had a
single Eurasian Collared-Dove on the wires along Beaverdam Road. It did not
stay long, but probably left to get some friends!

Anyway, we have just returned from a great, if cold and damp, trip to West
Virginia. Returned with great views of Mourning Warbler....again. The trip
report will be sent to the website very soon.

Our latest Ventures are as follows and are a mix of birds, botanising and
salamanders!

June 7                         Salamanders in the Blue Ridge

July 2                          Birds & Butterflies: Avery County, NC

July 7 - 15                  Boreal Birds and Seabirds, Maine

July 19                        Salamanders -Searching for Hellbenders, NC

July 21 - 30                Big Bend and Davis Mountains, Texas

August 15                   Blue Ridge Botanical Trip: Frying Pan Tower, NC

August 30                   Trees, Directions and Blue Ridge Birding, NC

September 6             Blue Ridge Botanical Trip: Grass of Parnassus etc,
NC

Please contact the Ventures office for more information
Cheers
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures Birding and Nature Tours