singing Black-and-white Warbler in Horry Cty, SC

hi y'all,

piddled around for awhile today looking for warblers and stuff (hadn't
intended to, but forgot something at work. so while i was out...) anyway,
had a pretty little Black-and-white singing away in western Horry County
this afternoon. also nice looks at Worm-eating in Georgetown and Horry
counties. here's a list of warblers (G = G'town Cty, H = Horry)

Northern Parula - G,H
Yellow-throated - G,H
Pine - G,H
Prairie - G
Black-and-white - H
Prothonotary - G,H
Worm-eating - G,H
Swainson's - G,H
Ovenbird - G
Common Yellowthroat - G,H
Hooded - G,H
Yellow-breasted Chat - G
(a dozen warbler spp. 'round these parts is a good number anytime of the
year.)

nary a Black-throated Green to be found (yet.)  :-(

a group of 5 Lesser Scaup in G'town Cty was a bit of a surprise. also a
dozen dowitchers, 5 Semipal Sandpiper, nesting Black-necked stilts and an
ad. Bald Eagle perusing the aforementioned menu.

lotsa butterflies in between showers. Eastern Tiger Swallowtail and
Red-spotted Purple were most prolific, along with the omnipresent Palamedes.
a nice batch of Little Yellow in G'town Cty. also a number of Cabbage White.

oh BTW, i saw a bunch of Ruby-throated hummingbirds too, some of whom i
recognized from last year. they all appeared to be delighted to see me
again.  ;-)

cheers,
gary

gary phillips
conway, sc
sunset zone 31

"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J.J. Audubon)