amazing blooms

Anyone else having an incredible year for certain blooming plants? Last year I had a patch of bee balm that MAYBE reached a foot in height. This year it is as tall as me -- and covered in blooms! The tiger lilies are taller than me. My butterfly weed has nearly tripled its number of stems, each one heavy with plump bloom clusters. I have a leafy spike of monkshood nearly 4' tall. The daylilies are spreading like weeds. The coneflowers are blooming madly. My spirea appears to be covered in pink flames.

The only plants that appear to be struggling are the lantanas. A reasonable tradeoff, I think.

Leah Campbell
Cornwell, SC
faeriemaiden@hotmail.com