Sandhill crane, Orangeburg sod farm

Saw the Sandhill crane outside Shelby at the Hooker's farm, Sat.   Mr.
Hooker was a great bird host.

Stopped at Orangeburg Sod Farm for fun today.   The 400 Pectoral sandpipers
were impresssive.  I managed to miss the Golden Plover, but saw the
Buff-breasteds, Uplands, Snipe and  a Least SP.  Also 2 harriers, and a bald
eagle, and a ground dove.  The Golden was seen by others.

Had hoped to get home in time to make a quick run down the beach, but it was
raining and I didn't try.  Think the bridge is closed now except for
evacuation.  Not much wind at all yet, still raining.

Mary McDavit osprey@nccoast.net  Sunset Beach NC