Sandhill Crane 09/02

Dwayne and I have just returned from seeing the Sandhill Crane in Cleveland
County.  We had marvelous scope views of the bird feeding, walking, and
hiding!  It would lay down in the grass and get as low as possible--totally
disappearing from view at times.  We also had the pleasure of meeting the
"host" family (the Hookers) of the bird and enjoyed every minute.  They
talked about all the folks who had been to see the bird--and two crazy guys
from "down-east" who were chasing butterflies around the yard!---you know
who you are!  If you have the opportunity, you should really think about
making the trip to see the bird and visit with these kind folks.  Thanks to
Jo Ann for letting us all know about it.

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC
dlmartin@twave.net