Morris Creek, 9/4/99

A stroll through the creek bottom revealed a real lack of birds today.  How
still things seemed without the Hoodeds, the Kentuckies, the Louisiana
Waterthrushes, the Parulas.  I saw one bird the whole time - a nice
Blue-headed Vireo, a migrant at last.  I heard several White-eyed Vireos who
were making noise at the Blue-headed Vireo on their territory.  Otherwise I
heard only year-round residents - cardinals, Carolina Wrens, Tufted Titmice,
Carolina Chickadees.  I guess all the migrant warblers were in Newberry county.

Donna Bailey
Winnsboro, SC
e-mail: dsbailey@conterra.com
    "Columbia Audubon Society"