?new yard bird

I need help with IDing a bird that has been flitting around the yard for
several days.  At first, I thought it was a kinglet since it was flitting
around like one and then I lost it in the leaves.  I knew that wasn't too
likely.  Next time I saw it, I got to see more of it: yellow spectacles,
wing bars, light yellow wash over chest and belly, bill not like a
warbler,ie thin.  Greenish/yellow on the top.  I looked in the book and
thought it might be a Yellow-Throated Vireo but decided that this couldn't
be and that I had seen the bill wrong.  I looked futher in the book and came
on Pine Warbler which (the Nat. Geo) says can be confused for the Vireo.
So, I figured I had the more common bird.  This AM, it was back and I got
better looks and the bill is definitely heavier than a warbler, the
spectacles are much brighter and thicker than the warbler, and it just looks
more like the book.  The juvenile description states the eyes are brown not
white which is what I feel I saw.  Can this be a Vireo?  Any help will be
appreciated.  Oh, the bird is in Hillsborough, flitting among the holly trees.
TIA  barb
barb brooks
hillsborough, nc
brooksba@mindspring.com