Thanks again! (herp question)

Hi all,

Wanted to thank the dozen or so folks who have replied to my question so
far. Our field trip isn't until Sunday, September 26, so if anyone else
wants to answer, or if one of you finds out something new in the next
couple of weeks, don't hesitate to call!

Busy morning around the feeders, as I was in the kitchen making corned
beef hash (I don't buy much meat on my own, but my grandparents keep
mailing me care packages...). Most noteworthy thing was that American
Robins, which had been gone from the yard for weeks, have suddenly
returned. Presumably the nesting natives are gone, and these new arrivals
are migrants headed for Florida or whereever. They were mostly gathered
in the side yard, where a bright patch of sunlight was warming up the
pine needles; a few were persistently spreading their wings in the sun. I
assume, since it wasn't at all wet outside, that this behavior was an
attempt to get rid of ectoparasites.

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose