Re: Hurricane Animals

Yes, I'll be glad to help---at least with advice---with found wildlife.  I'm not quite sure what
Elizabeth means about no water---as long as the animal won't get IN it and chilled, there should
be no problem, and it's generally advisable (certainly if you're offering food) to offer water,
too. (Elizabeth, do you have time to elaborate?)  Never try force-feeding or -watering!  Warmth,
and a safe, quiet enclosure where the animal isn't exposed to the sights/sounds of humans, are the
first priorities.

Wherever you are, first try calling your local animal shelter.  In the Orange Co. area, the number
is (919)967-7383.

Janine Perlman, licensed rehabilitator
Hillsborough, NC
jpandjf@ix.netcom.com