Re: Floyd birds (lack of) at Jordan & Falls Lakes (NC)

I checked Farrington Road and 751 bridges at Jordan Lake at 6 pm yesterday to
see if any of the morning's terns were left.  I saw not a one.  The lake had
been swept clear of birds except for the usual cormorants, eagles, and TVs.
One additional bird flew past that we hadn't seen ANY of earlier -- a single
Ring-billed Gull.

Yesterday at Falls, Crabtree, and Briar Creek, not only did we not see any
Floyd birds, we basically NO birds, except for a couple of  cormorants and
GBHs.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                w 919-660-7409
cwcook@duke.edu                 h 919-967-5446