Cherry Hospital

Good Morning!
        Gene Howe and I birded Cherry Hospital farms this morning. Flood
waters from Hurricane Floyd have developed nice shorebird habitat in the
corn stubble fields. Much of the area at present is not accessable
because Steven's Mill Rd is still flooded. But the area that we could
get to was teeming with shorebirds. Mostly Lesser Yellowlegs, but also
noted Greaters, Pectorals, Least & Semis, Stilt Sandpipers, Snipe, at
least 45 Golden-Plovers and a Hudsonian Godwit. Also had a Merlin there
yesterday (did not see today). Tomorrow may be the ideal day there as
the main road may be passable by then and all the flooded areas could be
covered.
Eric Dean
Cherry Hospital farms is just west of Goldsboro (Wayne Co) NC off of Hwy
581

--
Eric & Celia Dean