Today at Mt. Pisgah...9/23

Today was one for the books at the Pisgah Hawkwatch. Broad-winged Hawks
were moving in good numbers throughout the day.  I haven't received all
of the totals from the morning hours yet, but after my arrival at 3 pm,
724 Broad-wings were counted.  We also recorded 2 probable migrant
Red-tailed Hawks.  The highlight of the day had to be the very close
fly-by of an adult Bald Eagle.  Wahooo!

Thanks to Len Pardue, LouAnne Rhodes, and Richard Moore for covering the
morning and mid-day hours, and to the wonderful couple (whose names are
lost in the deep recesses of my memory) for working the afternoon shift
with me.  It was a glorious day.

"Raptor Day"...September 25...Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 404.5

Bill Sanderson
Asheville, NC
nctigers@bellsouth.net