Reddish Egret

Hi y'all,
 Sunday eve (10/3) around 6 p.m., there was an adult REDDISH EGRET at
the Conway sewage pond. It preened for approx. 10 mins., then took
flight on a southerly bearing. The bill coloration was quite noticeable.
Neat bird!
 Other than the aforementioned, things were pretty quiet. Guess the
fishing's still pretty good in the ditches and roads at present. The
rest of the list:
Red-shouldered Hawk - 1
Anhinga - 1
Great Blue Heron - 1
Great Egret - 1
Snowy Egret - 4
Little Blue Heron - 1 imm.
Tricolored Heron - 3
Pied-billed Grebe - 1
Canada Goose - 64
 Also present were 2 odd geese that don't match up to any of my field
guides. The best description I can give; a cross between Canada and
domestic.

Cheers,
Gary
--
Gary Phillips
Conway, SC

"An optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. A pessimist
fears that it is true." (Robert Oppenheimer)