Common Ground Doves in Chas. Co.

Carolinabirders,

        I had the chance to spend yesterday in a beach home near Station 27
on Sullivan's Island.  During the course of the day, COMMON GROUND DOVES
were feeding in the yard behind the house.  As many as 7 birds were present
at one time, quite a good showing for this hard to find species.

        Also, I made the trip to HBSP yesterday AM and saw no eiders but
plenty of fishermen and fast boats.  I did have a SALTMARSH SHARP-TAILED
SPARROW, MERLIN, PEREGRINE FALCON, and COMMON LOON.  Winter is on the way!

Mike Bernard
bernarml@musc.edu
Charleston, SC