Waterfowl Starting to Arrive

We went out to the local boat accesses this afternoon an had some newly
arrived waterfowl.  At Dusty Ridge access(Lake Hickory), we only had 4
Pied-billed Grebes.  At Oxford access(Lake Hickory), we had 6 Pied-billed
Grebes, 5 American Coots, 14 Mallards, 1 Blue-winged Teal, 14 Northern
Shovelers, 3 LESSER SCAUP( several weeks earlier than last year), and 29
Ring-billed Gulls.  Lookout Shoals Lake had 4 Mallards, 1 Blue-winged Teal,
and 1 Osprey.  Not a bad start to the waterfowl season!

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC
dlmartin@twave.net