pine siskins

I have pine siskins in my yard this am.  3 are feeding like crazy.  This is
only the second time I have had them in my yard.  Now I am really hoping for
grosbeaks of any type!
The gravel pit pond I ride to has coots and Am. Widgeons and a peep I can't
ID.  I hope to take the scope when more ducks arrive. A sad story: I went to
the pond on Tues of last week and saw a Canada doing strange things; acting
like something was caught in its throat. It would extend its neck and open
its mouth.
Sadly, I saw it on the "pond" line dead yesterday.  No telling what it
ingested as I think there are lots of fishing items around just waiting for
something to get into them.
Barb Brooks
barb brooks
hillsborough, nc