Good things happen when least expect it

Hi everyone,
     While rushing to leave town last Friday I went outside around 4:30PM to
quickly fill the feeders.  Not thinking about birds at all (huh?), I was
pouring seed into the Droll Yankee when I realized something landed on the
small feeding shelf a few feet away.  A Red-breasted Nuthatch!!  A new yard
bird.  It took it's time and grabbed something from the "Patio Mix" on the
shelf and flew into a nearby tree.  What a nice treat.  Haven't had a chance
to look for it since.  Will try this AM.
Shelley Theye
N. Chatham Cty. NC
Psbmt@aol.com