Yard Update, singing H. Thrushes

Hi everyone,
     On 10-28 had 2 Pine Siskins on the thistle feeder!  New yard birds.  On
the feeder next to them was a female house finch, could really see the
drabness of the H. Finch's markings compared to the Siskins'.
     Also had the first Dark-eyed Junco, although have seen them on our road
for a while before today.
     Saw the (a) Red-breasted Nuthatch again too.
     Lastly, saw one of those grayish Thrushes as was rushing the kids to
school that AM.  didn't see a rufous tail, but only a very short look.
     On 10-29 had a Hermit Thrush, first of the year, unless was the bird saw
yesterday.
     On 10-30 was in the kitchen with the door to the screened porch open,
was helping my daughter with a book when realized I heard a familiar singing.
 Right by the porch in the Dogwood were 2 Hermit Thrushes singing!!  Wonder
if they were the vocal one(s) had last spring?  One was behaving like an
immature doing a begging behavior.
     Heard one short phrase of a song a bit further down in the woods that
reminded me of a Veery's.  But was only heard once.  Got out my tapes and
heard something similar in one of the Hermit Thrush song phrases, but also
sounded a little like a Gray-cheeked song.  I'm thinking Hermits would more
likely be singing at this point than Gr. Cheekeds, since they're arriving and
not just passing through....
Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC
Psbmt@aol.com