Re: Ducks and Duck Stamps

Joshua Stuart Rose typed:

> On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Barb Brooks wrote:
> > Subject: duck stamp
> >
> > where can you buy them in this area: Hillsborough/Chapel Hill.
>
> In that area, I'm not entirely sure. I have always purchased them at
> National Wildlife Refuges, mostly either back home in Massachusetts at
> Parker River NWR or down in Florida at Loxahatchee or "Ding" Darling.
> Short of going to Mattamuskeet, Pee Dee, or Pea Island, all I can suggest
> is asking at your local outdoor/sporting goods store. If Hillsborough
> doesn't have such a store, I drove by one in downtown Creedmoor today...

I would be willing to bet that Johnny's Sporting Goods on West Main in
Carrboro (for those of you in the Chapel-Hill area) would be a good
place to ask, as would the convenience (and hunting supply) store on 751
across from the entrance to the trail out to the Jordan Lake viewing
platform.

-Sandy, who really does hope this thread (other than suggesting ways to
support conversation, e.g. buying duck stamps) dies a quick death

--
Sandy Cash
Carrboro, N.C.