HBSP on 11-5

Hi Carolinabirders,
	I birded solo today at Huntington Beach S.P. A little slow at first and
then I found most of my target birds with the exception of the Sharp-tailed
Sparrows. 40 species found with a trip to the jetty including the ponds, a
walk back to the parking lot behind the dunes and a peek into the north end
of Sandpiper Pond.
Common Loon-1
Pied-billed Grebe-1
Horned Grebe-4
N. Gannet-15
Brown Pelican-15
Double-crested Cormorant-103
Great Blue Heron-2
Great Egret-3
Snowy Egret-1
Little Blue Heron-1
Tricolored Heron-2
White Ibis-6-5 adults and 1 immature
Wood Stork-#? seen by other birders at the causeway and reported to me
Ring-necked Duck-7 in Sandpiper Pond
Black Scoter-20 flybys seen from the tip of the jetty.  A bigger skein was
seen but was to distant to id.
Red-breasted Merganser-2
Ruddy Duck-1 male in Sandpiper Pond
Osprey-4
N. Harrier-4
Black-bellied Plover-5
Semipalmated Plover-25
Piping Plover-4
Willet-1
Ruddy Turnstone-7
Sanderling-1
Western Sandpiper-4
Dunlin-2
Short-billed Dowitcher-20
Long-billed Dowitcher-2 at the north end of the jetty pond
Laughing Gull-4
Ring-billed Gull-7
Herring Gull-1 first winter plumage
Great Black-backed Gull-2 adults
Royal Tern-2
Forster's Tern-10
Mourning Dove-20
Royal Tern-2
Forster's Tern-10
Mourning Dove-20
OK ITS TIME TO USE YOUR SECRET BIRDER DECODER RING FOR THE NEXT ONE WHICH
WAS THE BEST BIRD TODAY.
LWODERAETROHS-1
Now that I got your attention this bird was behind the secondary dunes
about 600 yards from the boardwalk.  Follow the narrow path and about at
the area where the path disappers is where I flushed the bird.  Please two
cautions 1. Don't walk all over the dunes 2. If you flush the bird watch it
in the air it may very well land where you can get it in your scope as I
did today. Frequent approaches to the bird will harass it and it could
depart the area or go to another part of the marsh where other birders may
not be able to see it. I had an excellent view through Barbara Maxwell's
wonderful scope. (How did you ever carry that all these years), It is so
heavy.
N. Mockingbird-1
Loggerhead Shrike-1
Savannah Sparrow-20
Red-winged Blackbird-35

Butterflies seen included good numbers of Common Buckeye and Gulf Fritillary.

	"Don't forget sometimes you have to look up"

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net