Re: Peregrine Falcon netting

This wild Peregrine "taking" business is true, even though it sounds as
unbelievable as an internet rumor.  See the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
web site: http://www.fws.gov/r9mbmo/issues/tblcont.html which has a .pdf file
of the notice of intent from the Federal Register:
http://www.fws.gov/r9mbmo/issues/falcons/gpogate.pdf

I should note that this thread is more appropriate on Birdchat, since there
are no geographical restrictions for that group.

On 11 Nov 99, Joshua Stuart Rose wrote:
> On a completely unrelated note, when do the Woodcocks start lekking
> around here? I remember them going in February and into March; do they
> start in January?

In Duke Forest, they normally start in late Jan./early Feb., but one year we
had them calling from November through March.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                w 919-660-7423
cwcook@duke.edu                 h 919-967-5446