RE: [Fwd: Birds? What birds?]

I received Paulette's email with an attachment titled the same as her
Subject line.  She mentioned no attachment with her email and I will not
open attachments that are not specifically mentioned in the text.  Please
let me know what this is if anyone knows(I ain't openin' it!). Because
crowded populations usually contain the most virulent diseases(e.g. Honk
Kong Flu Virus), I am cautious of any attachments I receive via list-servs.
I have received emails in the past which only contain an address marker
attached but these are usually obvious(knock on wood). In the future, if you
attach something to your email, please mention it.

Also, a further note about the virus thread of an earlier date. Self
executable viruses are here.  I-Worm.BubbleBoy is executed just by opening
the message. It processes your address book (MS Outlook) and disperses to
all of your contacts. Then, it crashes your hard drive.
Check out: http://www.metro.ch/avpve/

More importantly, I believe Josh's speculation of the lack of irruptives at
feeders is right on.  I saw a flock of a dozen or so Purple Finches feeding
in a sweet gum and sycamore last Tuesday at Schenk Forest. Not a great
sample size but considering I spend about 4 hours a week outside, mostly not
birding, the #/effort could be considered decent.

Kendrick Weeks
Campus Box 7617
Department of Zoology
North Carolina State University