Weekend birding

My wife and I started out from Wilmington, NC, Saturday morning and ended
our trip this afternoon at Huntington Beach State Park, SC.  We saw over 50
species of birds.  The highlights were a sharp-shinned hawk, a redhead
drake, a hen hooded merganser, and a pair of buffleheads at the lake in
Carolina Beach; at Fort Fisher a northern harrier and the peregrine falcon
seen by the Moore County club members; American wigeon a lake in Sunset
Beach; and a pair of buffleheads, a northern harrier, and several
tri-colored herons at Huntington Beach State Park.

Bob

Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu