Carolina Sandhills National Wildlife Refuge

I will be taking Thanksgiving off from cooking this year, and was going
to spend part of the holiday weekend at the Carolina Sand Hills National
Wildlife Refuge. I am targeting the Red Cockaded Woodpecker as a life
bird. In the Palmetto Trails Guide it gives the Martin's Lake and Tate's
Trail Loop Bird walks as the trails to find it. Any tips or tricks would
be appreciated to help me find this bird. Also, I am happy to have my
year around pair of Brown-headed Nuthatches and my fall White-breasted
Nuthatches back in my yard after a two month dry spell on yard birds.

--
Linda Sharp
Greenville, SC