Charlotte news

Two interesting pieces of information:

Tuesday, while I was at the Carolina Raptor Center, we received an injured
Virginia rail! The bird had been found in a rather urban area which
suprised us all. We passed the bird onto a local rehaber and it looks like
it will be releasable.

Also while at the Center I learned that we have an immature bald eagle
(probably 4th year) roosting/hanging around the eagle aviary. The Center is
located on Mountain Island Lake where eagles have been reported. Looks like
this one is a little lonely but can't figure out why the others won't come
out and play.

Judy Walker
CIMC/Atkins Library
UNC Charlotte