Viewing king rails?

CBC,

I am going to Mattamuskeet for Thanksgiving weekend and interested in
getting good looks, maybe a picture of king rails.  Does anyone have
suggestions for seeing this species?  Has anyone tried a playback tape in
winter to get a response?  Any advice would be appreciated.

From previous message, CBC LAKE MATTAMUSKEET FIELDTRIP:

>We had quick but close looks at a KING RAIL that we flushed in one of the
>impoundments and heard 3 or 4 more at another impoundment.

Were these the impoundments on wildlife drive?

Thanks,

Shane Wellendorf