Yellow-headed Blackbird - Beulaville,NC * I saw an adult mal

I saw an adult male Yellow-headed Blackbird with a flock of 20,000+
blackbirds feeding in a field of corn stubble at 12:30 ET today (Fri, 11/26).

The flock was located at the intersection where Hwy 111 separates eastward
from Highway 41 south of Beulaville.  On the NC Delorme atlas, this is on
page 76 at coordinates C2.

Russ and I viewed the bird at very close distances while it fed by the
roadside.  Traffic eventually flushed the flock, and we lost the bird....the
flock remained, however, and it is likely the bird is still there.

Please exercise caution while attempting to relocate the bird.  Traffic was
heavy.   On the east side of the road, there is ample room to safely park a
vehicle.

Sincerely,
Patricia Earnhardt-Tyndall
ptearn@aol.com