Re: The infamous Hilton Head CBC

Dear Christmasbird Counters:
   As a former Christmas Count compiler here in Charleston,I totally agree
with Harry,
who I know to have done yeoman work on these counts for many years.
Ironically,
he used to be cursed by some in these parts for being too tough on reports.
You have to balance science with participation, both important goals of this
activity. By the way, I was a very tough compliler myself, which I can prove
by the
low species totals for the Charleston Counts while I was the compiler. You
have to be a field general and a diplomat, without abandoning science.
   Kudos to all the compilers and the Regional Editors!
Steve Compton
North Charleston,SC
Raven23302@aol.com