evening grosbeak in Orange Co., NC

This morning at 7:30 I saw the first evening grosbeak of the winter in my
yard. It was a female, chowing down on black oil sunflower seeds alongside
two female purple finches and one goldfinch. The evening grosbeak flew away
and didn't come back while I was there. But I sure hope she returns and
brings the flock with her!
It's an extraordinary winter at my place. Two male and three female purple
finches are coming regularly to the feeder, and there are two red breasted
nuthatches. No pine siskins yet, but I am still hoping. (The last time I saw
them in my yard was the mid 1980s.)
Ginger_Travis@unc.edu
near Chapel Hill, NC