Coastal Weather

Awoke this AM to find that the brackish tidal creek (approx. 100 ft
wide) behind our house, was completely frozen over. I assumed that it
was only skim ice until I observed a large immature Herring Gull
standing on the ice. The reason for his cold feet was a large fish
(Alligator Gar) that was frozen in the ice at the surface. The fish has
provided a meal for several gulls so far. This is rare event for our
coastal location. I hope it is not a forecast of the winter to come.
--
Charles L “Buddy” Garrett, MD
medxam@onslowonline.net