Henderson County update/Short-eared Owl

Folks:
        I again checked Hooper Lane for the SHORT-EARED OWL about 11:30 AM
this date.  As I was walking up the ditch at Super Sod, I was greeted by 2
birders who said that they had just finished seeing the owl.  As we were
talking, the owl again took flight and landed in the middle of the sod
field.  A few more birders arrived and after a few minutes of chasing the
bird, he settled on the ground of the tilled field across from Super Sod and
we were again treated to excellent, prolonged scope views of this bird.
                                                                    Regards,
                                                                    Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe
245 Stonebrook Drive