Samworth W.M.A. on 1-1-2000

Hi Carolinabirders,
Happy New Year! Isn't it really strange to write 2000 without a dollar sign
in front or a decimal point or comma in there somewhere. I'll bet very few
people wrote 1999 in the date area of their checkbook today.
Today Gary Phillips and myself birded at Samworth W.M.A. in Georgetown
County.  Our goal was to try and find some of the good birds reported on
the Litchfield-Pawleys Island CBC on Thursday. I still have no
documentation in hand for any of these birds. We had 40 species between
9:30AM and 1 PM. It was rather mild and pleasant day.
Anhinga-1
Great Blue Heron-1
Black Vulture-2
Turkey Vulture-5
Cooper's Hawk-1
Red-shouldered Hawk-1
Red-tailed Hawk-1
Mourning Dove-4
Eastern Screech Owl-1 heard only in response to tape
Barred Owl-1
Red-headed Woodpecker-2
Red-bellied Woodpecker-2
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker-1
N. Flicker-4
E. Phoebe-3
Blue Jay-2 heard only
Am. Crow-4
Carolina Chickadee-6
Tufted Titmouse-10
White-breasted Nuthatch-1 heard only
Carolina Wren-2
House Wren-2 heard only
Winter Wren-1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet-4
E. Bluebird-10
Hermit Thrush-2
N. Mockingbird-2
Brown Thrasher-3
Blue-headed Vireo-1
Yellow-rumped Warbler-25
Pine Warbler-1
N. Cardinal-3
E. Towhee-2 heard only
Chipping Sparrow-5
Field Sparrow-1
Savannah Sparrow-30
Song Sparrow-7
Swamp Sparrow-6
White-throated Sparrow-12
E. Meadowlark-20
Am. Goldfinch-2

	"Don't forget sometimes you have to look up"

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net