Ross' Goose in Forsyth County, NC

Hop Hopkins found a Ross' Goose on the south end of Temple School Road on
Friday Dec, 31st.  The bird was still present on 1/2/2000 mixed in with a
large flock of Canada Geese. Temple School Road goes east off Union Cross
Road between I-40 and US311, then turns to the south and intersects High
Point Rd. about a mile west of the intersection of High Point Rd and Union
Cross Rd.  We went on US311 toward High Point.  Exited at Union Cross Road,
turned left back over the bridge.  At first intersection with a stop light
turn left (High Point Road).  Temple School Road is on the right.  The Goose
was seen shortly after turning on the road next to a house with a pond
behind it.  There are cattle in the field in front of the pond.

David and Susan Disher
ddisher@concentric.net
Winston-Salem NC