Rufous Hummingbird at Gloucester, NC

Saturday, 8 January

This morning I saw an immature male Rufous
Hummer at a feeder at Gloucester, NC  (Carteret
County mainland opposite Harkers Island).

Also there were a female Ruby-throated and
an immature male Ruby-throated in the same
yard.   (And 2 green Painted Buntings.)

At another feeder 1/4 mile away, there is an
adult male Ruby-throated.   And at another
feeder 2 miles away there are 2 female
Ruby-throateds.

Obviously quite a lot of hummers around
again this winter.

And apparently many Painted Buntings as well--
I now know of at least 10 birds in this county.

                               John Fussell
                               Morehead City, NC
                               jfuss@bmd.clis.com