Any Interesting Outer Banks Birds?

Hi Carolina Birders,

The Piedmont Bird Club of Guilford County, NC will be doing a field trip to
the Outer Banks this coming weekend, Jan. 14 - 16. In preparation for the
trip, I have been following with interest the reports of Rough-legged Hawk at
Alligator NWR and other such accounts of interesting species on the Outer
Banks. Unfortunately, I haven't seen mention of anything "good" lately. (Yes,
I know, every bird is good!)

There will be some novices as well as more experienced birders along on this
trip, so anything just a bit out of the ordinary or somewhat difficult to
find will interest someone in the group. If anyone knows of species that we
should be aware of, we would appreciate it very much if you would post your
information or send it to me directly today (Wednesday) or tomorrow.

By the way, the field trip is open to anyone. Let me know if you would like
to find out how to meet up with us.

Thanks,

Dennis Burnette
Greensboro, NC