Re: Spotted Sandpiper In Catawba Co.

Hi Everybody,
I read with interest Dwayne and Lori's comments about Spotted Sandpiper.
Yesterday evening I was looking for the Long-tailed Murrelet (no luck) much
further south on the Catawba river at Great Falls, SC and found a Spotted
Sandpiper below that dam.  I was surprised to see one so early (late) in the
season.  Normally Spotted Sandpiper would be expected in the interior from
first week of April to first week of November.  Even on the coast I believe
they would be rare this time of year.
See Ya,
Stephen Harris
srharris@mindspring.com