Waterthrush at Edisto Beach

I remember someone mentioned a Waterthrush seen on one of the SC CBC's, but
I didn't save the message and can't remember where or which waterthrush.
Can someone refresh my memory?

I am interested because this afternoon I saw a waterthrush on the Indian
Mound Trail at Edisto Beach State Park.  I have to confess, my birding
skills have gotten a little rusty, and I forgot what the important
characters were to separate the two species.  After I got my book out and
checked it, I couldn't relocate the bird!

I am interested in knowing how unusual it is to see a waterthrush here in
January.  Is it more likely to have been a Louisiana or Northern?

Mary G. Douglass
mgd@lowcountry.com
Walterboro, SC