Feeder Activity

After waking up this morning with 5 inches of snow on the ground, we thought
it would be a good day for feeder watching and the fact that our work was
closed made it easy.  We had more birds at our feeders today than we have
ever had.  There were at least 175 - 200+ Goldfinches and not a Pine Siskin
in the bunch!  We also had the most Purple Finches we have ever had.  We
counted 26, but we know we didn't count them all.  Also at the feeders were
50+ House Finches, 10 Song Sparrows, 1 Sharp-shinned Hawk, and many of the
usual feeder birds.  It was a real treat for us since we don't get to watch
our feeders for very long each day.

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC