Missing birds? Deer return!

Folks,

It was down to 10 degrees last night and now my feeder birds numbers are
down to about 1/3 the numbers from the past few days. I hope they are
just hunkering down to stay warm.

Last night the deer came into the edge of my yard and just like last
week in the snow and they dug up acorns. This spot is right under a
white oak and only 10 x 15 foot that both times they visited in the
night time. makes you wonder if they had seen these acorns and figured
they would be a last resort feeding spot. Neither time did they venture
away from this spot!

Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC
Butterflies of North Carolina!