Carolinabirds commands and rules

Because there have been some unsub messages and off-topic posts recently,
here's a reminder of the commands and rules for Carolinabirds.

On 31 Jan 00, at 15:35, David R. Hultgren wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01BF6C00.C08C8E60
>
> unsubscribe carolinabirds
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01BF6C00.C08C8E60

Html-encrusted messages and other messages with attachments are not
recognized by the majordomo program because they always begin with the line
"This is a multi-part message in MIME format.", which means nothing to the
program.  Most unsub messages to carolinabirds are filtered out, but the
program only searches the first few lines, so it didn't catch this one.
"Cancel" is not one of the keywords, which is why that one slipped through.
Unfortunately it seems to be the default format for Microsoft Outlook
Express, which a lot of people use because it came with their computer.
Much better e-mail programs are available on the web for free, such as the
one I use, Pegasus Mail (http://www.pegasus.usa.com/)

If you've lost your copy of the carolinabirds info file, you can always look
it up on the web at http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/cbirds.html

--------------
CAROLINABIRDS COMMANDS AND RULES

Messages and commands must be in plain text (ASCII) only.
Do not send any e-mail attachments.

Before sending any message or command, please make two changes
to your e-mail program setup (if necessary):
- turn OFF html and rich text formatting
- turn ON word-wrap

To UNSUBSCRIBE: Send message text "unsubscribe carolinabirds" (without the
quotes) to majordomo@duke.edu.

To SUBSCRIBE: Send message text "subscribe carolinabirds" (without the
quotes) to majordomo@duke.edu. You will receive an automated confirmation,
which includes this info file (save it!).

For a list of other commands, send message text "help" (without the quotes)
to majordomo@duke.edu.

Do NOT send commands to carolinabirds@duke.edu. Mail sent to
carolinabirds@duke.edu is automatically redirected to each person on the
list by the Majordomo mailing list server (about 400 people), so be careful
of what you send!