Blondie is being adopted

Hi Folks,
I am posting this message with mixed emotions.  As most of you know,
"Blondie" is a female Rufous hummingbird who has wintered over here at our
feeders in Hampstead, NC for three winters.  We have recently sold our home
and will be moving to Wilmington, NC after a three month stay at Wrightsville
Beach.  Now the good news:  The new owners are very interested in birds and
she has asked me to write down all details of feeding and caring for hummers.
 She is also interested in carolinabirds and I hope she enjoys it as much as
I do.  I am sure you will be of tremendous assistance to her in getting
further into birding.  Maybe in the future some of you will be coming back to
this place to view lot of wintering hummers.

Thanks to all who have been so helpful and supportive to us in the past three
years.  Things are really popping around here--in more ways than one.  The
holly berries are ripe and the robins are having their "spring break" by
getting intoxicated and flying into the windows.  So far, just feathers!
Will be leaving both Carolinabirds and Hummerhood for a short while until we
can get temporarily settled and then again when we get into our home in
Wilmington the end of April or beginning of May.  To those who visit each
winter, please keep it up.  Sorry this is so long.  We will still be on the
line for a couple of weeks, but will have less time as the date gets closer.
Thanks again for everything.

Betty Scott
fscott445@aol.com
Hampstead, NC